135 SE 1st St.
Ph: (903) 784-9202
Fax: (903) 785-8519
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The City of Paris has a Council-Manager form of government. The City Manager is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the City Council
, which is the governing body responsible for setting policy.
The City Manager serves as the Chief Administrative Officer and is responsible for:
- Implementing the policies, goals, and objectives adopted by the Council
- Enforcing all City ordinances, rules, and regulations
- Keeping the Council informed
- Drawing Council attention to City needs and recommending alternatives by which the Council can respond to those needs
- Supervising all municipal employees, except the offices of the City Attorney and Municipal Court Judge
- Preparing the annual budget and keeping the Council and public advised of the City’s financial condition and future needs
- Serving as a liaison or ex-officio member to various City and community committees and organizations
- Preparing Council meeting agendas and attending all such meetings to serve as a resource to the Council and public
The City Manager’s Office also operates an ombudsman service for citizens to use after a citizen has brought an issue to the attention of the appropriate city department and the issue did not get resolved.